Due to so many current subs on our list for this school year, we will not take anymore until Aug 2019. Any applications submitted after March 2019 will be contacted this summer to complete their paper work for the 2019-2020 school year.
Cumberland Academy is committed to providing quality instruction from innovative, caring, and passionate educators. We recruit substitute teachers with these characteristics to fill in as needed. Our substitute teachers play an important role in achieving student success. Additionally, substitute teaching provides an opportunity to gain experience and see first-hand what it takes to be a successful teacher at Cumberland Academy.
- To be considered for a substitute position, please fill out the online application
- Once you have submitted your online application, you will then email the pre-employment affidavit to the HR email listed below
- By submitting your application online you are agreeing that all information submitted is true and correct to the best of your ability.
- If you have not subbed at Cumberland Academy within a year, you will need to email HR and see if your file needs to be updated.
- Substitutes pay dates run from the 15th of one month through 14th of next month, and are distributed on 27th for that period.
- The current rate for substitutes is $90 per day and $45 for half a day whether you are certified or not
to begin the online employment application and then submit your pre-employment affidavit via email
1340 Shiloh Road
Tyler, TX 75703
The pre-employment affidavit must be sent with the resume or online application to be considered. Please note these affidavits are kept confidential in the Human Resource Department separate from the applications.