We are no longer taking Sub applications until further notice for the 2019-2020 school year due to so many returning and new subs on the Sub list currently.
Cumberland Academy is committed to providing quality instruction from innovative, caring, and passionate educators. We recruit substitute teachers with these characteristics to fill in as needed. Our substitute teachers play an important role in achieving student success. Additionally, substitute teaching provides an opportunity to gain experience and see first-hand what it takes to be a successful teacher at Cumberland Academy.
Please follow the instructions below to apply to become a new substitute:
- To be considered for a substitute position, if there is availability, you will be sent a substitute paperwork packet after applying
- Your resume will be placed on hold if there is not any availability
- To apply, you will email the pre-employment non-notarized affidavit and your resume to the HR email listed below
- If you have not subbed at Cumberland Academy within a year, you will need to email HR and see if your file needs to be updated
- Substitute pay dates run from the 15th of one month through 14th of next month, and are distributed on 27th for that period
- The current rate for substitutes is $90 per day and $45 for half a day whether you are certified or not
1340 Shiloh Road
Tyler, TX 75703
to begin the online employment application and then submit your pre-employment affidavit via email if you do not have a resume to send. The job application takes place of a resume if you do not have a resume to send.
The pre-employment affidavit must be sent with the resume or online application to be considered. Please note these affidavits are kept confidential in the Human Resource Department separate from the applications.