Cumberland Academy is committed to providing quality instruction from innovative, caring, and passionate educators. We recruit substitute teachers with these characteristics to fill in as needed. Our substitute teachers play an important role in achieving student success. Additionally, substitute teaching provides an opportunity to gain experience and see first-hand what it takes to be a successful teacher at Cumberland Academy.
- To be considered for a substitute position, please fill out the online application. By submitting your application online you are agreeing that all information submitted is true and correct to the best of your ability.
- Applications are accepted from the beginning of the school year until February 2 each year.
- If you have not subbed at Cumberland Academy within a year, you will need to reapply for the following year.
- Substitutes pay dates run from the 15th of one month through 14th of next month, and are distributed on 27th for that period.
- The current rate for substitutes is $90 per day and $45 for half a day.
to begin the online employment application.
After submitting your application please either download, fill out, and sign the on-line Affidavit and email to Kayla Redfern email@example.com or return the Affidavit to Human Resources. Failure to return or email this Affidavit may result in your application not being considered. Please note these affidavits are kept confidential in the Human Resource Department separate from the applications.
Or you may simply, download and fill out all forms in the right column and return along with a copy of your Driver License, Social Security Card, and Voided check for direct deposit. Please mail or deliver to:
Chief Operating Officer
1340 Shiloh Road
Tyler, TX 75703